Most of us are familiar with all the damage to the Earth that is going on every day. Leaving the smallest footprint possible is a goal that some of us have set. The others need to get on board with the ‘green’ process because it is the only way to reduce our footprints upon the world. Let’s take a look at some green apps that can track energy usage, allowing us all to make some necessary changes to reduce our energy consumption. Plus, it helps reduce the monthly bill, so it is a win, win situation.
- Energy Australia-This is the most obvious choice for you to monitor your energy amounts. It gives you a graph of your usage, making it possible to compare how much you use each month. You can also log in to your account and pay bills or change any information on your account that you need to. It is one easy app to package everything into one area.
- Green Outlet-This app has been recommended by many tech magazines and writers. It keeps track of which appliances are using the most energy and has alerts that tell you when your home is expelling carbon above the recommended amounts.
- Energy Cost Calculator-This app will give you the basic information that you need to track your weekly, monthly, and yearly power consumption. It will also give you a yearly total of how much carbon your house is putting off. This app will also allow you to see a specific electronic item and see how much it uses from daily to yearly.
- Smappee-This app is used in conjunction with a device that they send you, which you must hook up to your fuse box. It allows you the ability to keep track of all your power usage, in real-time, and it can break down the appliances that you have and how much energy they use in a day, week, month, and year.
- Energy Cloud-This is another app that requires you to install a device to monitor your energy. They will send you little sensors that you need to place, which you can do yourself. It gives you remote access to the information you are trying to track.
The list needs to be interrupted for a second to make sure that you understand one easy way to save on energy. That is to compare the providers in your area so you can switch to a producer that uses natural energy options. You can go online to the iSelect platform and compare all the providers in your area, allowing you to pick a green company to support your efforts.
- Nest Mobile-This app allows members of the household to adjust the temperature setting from anywhere. Unfortunately, this will only work if you have a Nest Learning Thermostat. Once installed though, you have complete control over your temperature settings.
- Light Bulb Finder-This app may not be quite what you are looking for, but it is designed to help households switch to light bulbs that are more environmentally friendly. It is an app that explains the bulbs that you should be using, why, and even offers you options to order them.
- MeterPlug-This is an effortless way to track your power usage. You will put the special plugin between the wall and the appliance plug. From there you can access the information for each of them as long as you are within one hundred feet.
- Meter Readings-This application allows you to hook up more than one meter so you can monitor all your utilities. Up to nine meters can be added, so maybe you can be nice and help your neighbors get with it.
- SunPower-You might be able to guess what this app does, but if not, it will track all your solar energy consumption, generation, and performance. This is a must-have for people that use any kind of solar power.
- Wiser-This is a more modern app that allows a couple of different things. You can monitor your energy use throughout the house, breaking it down into what you need to know. It will also give you information about your electric car by connecting through the charging station.
- My Earth-This is a multi-use app that allows you to monitor your energy consumption, plus much more. You can use the app to track your consumption while traveling, eating, and helps you with your recycling efforts. In the end, it gives you data on how much carbon you use throughout the days.
Using a green application is a fantastic way to monitor your power use. Since we are in the technological age most people have some type of mobile device. If not, you may want to consider getting one for a few different reasons, including these apps. We should all be doing everything possible to decrease the footprints that we are all leaving on the environment.